Saturday, August 27, 2011

Preparations

27 August 2011
Indian Oaks Dr
Lincoln CA

Greetings,

I’m taking a brief moment from packing to write a letter because a) its time for an update and b) I enjoy procrastination.

The good news is that I’m flying SFO to Salt Lake to Paris to Amman, thereby completely bypassing Hurricane Irene that is stranding a lot of my soon to be classmates on the east coast. The bad news is that I just checked my seating information for the Salt Lake-Paris flight and I’m stuck in a middle row middle seat. I apologize in advance for falling asleep on my potentially obese and smelly seatmates. Maybe if I’m obnoxious enough they will decide they want to trade me seats.  

Further bad news: iTunes just canceled their TV rental program, which means I now have to pay $1.99 per episode instead of .99 cents. This means it will cost me twice as much to watch the last 5 episodes of Season 1 of Dollhouse as I careen across the Atlantic. First world problems.

In the time I’ve spent in Lincoln visiting my parents I’ve come to conclude that in Amman there will be a) faster internet connection b) better weather and c) less of a chance of explosion. See family, no need to worry about me, I’m getting a trade up by moving to the Middle East.

Remind me to record my thoughts about Facebook stalking the people going on my trip at another time, I just heard the dryer finish and I’m going to go pretend that I can fit 4 months worth of clothes into one duffle.

All the best,

No comments:

Post a Comment